Your Source for all your gaming needs.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding New Member Ranking

2 posters

Go down

Regarding New Member Ranking Empty Regarding New Member Ranking

Post by Forral Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:10 am

I sent this in an email to cala zen and dopul, but I think it should be open for discussion to everyone.

I suggested that new clannies start off with (no title) set as their rank (which is there by default until someone ranks them). They would be given the basic securities of gohall, clantalk, and alliancetalk. After a 30 day or maybe 2 week probationary period, of sorts, they would be properly ranked and sort of initiated into the clan.

I think this is necessary because some people join, and then immediately go inactive for two weeks, and since we are so pressed for slots thats not fair to someone wanting to join who is more active.

After the probationary period, members with addmem and the 'security' setting could properly rank the members as follows (this is just a baseline):

1) (No title) - Securities: gohall, clantalk, alliancetalk
2) Apprentice - Securities: gohall, clantalk, alliancetalk, chatlog, deposit
3) Neophyte - Securities: gohall, clantalk, alliancetalk, chatlog, deposit, balance, shoptender
4) Adept - Securities: gohall, clantalk, alliancetalk, chatlog, log, deposit, balance, shoptender, shopstocker
5) Magus - Securities: gohall, clantalk, alliancetalk, chatlog, log, deposit, balance, shoptender, shopstocker, addmember, (tax-deposit, content-filter)
6) Elder - Securities: all of the above + delmem, tax-deposit, content-filter, setrank(only in case a leader is not online)
7) High Priest - All securities as decided by current leaders + owners. Most of the set securities should be reserved for this rank (such as setpkill, setrules, setinfo, setmotd, settitle, setmotto, setannouncement, etc)

I think anyone who gets to the rank of elder SHOULD be trustworthy enough to have the privilege of delmem, and they will serve as 2nd in command should no high priest be online to add or remove members. Elders will also be allowed to set ranks for new members, but not any securities (that is at the discretion of leaders)

Forral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Regarding New Member Ranking Empty Re: Regarding New Member Ranking

Post by Ratje Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:21 am

Forral wrote:I sent this in an email to cala zen and dopul, but I think it should be open for discussion to everyone.

I suggested that new clannies start off with (no title) set as their rank (which is there by default until someone ranks them). They would be given the basic securities of gohall, clantalk, and alliancetalk. After a 30 day or maybe 2 week probationary period, of sorts, they would be properly ranked and sort of initiated into the clan.

this personally would make me leave the clan right away. people dont want to wait on such an inactive game to be part of a clan. there are over 50 other clans they could join and thats not making us above the rest.
Ratje
Ratje
Admin

http://separatists.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forral Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:24 pm

True, but how many of those "50" clans are actually active? I can count on 2 hands how many -active- clans there are in the game, ours being one of them. I base this suggestion on the fact that many other clans do this, including 52, 75, and 120.

Not saying we -have- to do this, but it would provide more of a sense of belonging and "earning your wings", per say, for new clannies.

Forral
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down